First National Bank of America is a niche lender and a leader in portfolio financing. The Mortgage Processor role is essential in presenting a complete and accurate loan file to our underwriting department that are in compliance with bank guidelines for credit quality standards.
Works with loan officers, borrowers, and third party providers to obtain documentation and submit a thorough, accurate, and complete loan package to Underwriting. Maintains control of the loan file, monitors dates for approval, appraisals, and closing, and ensures that all deadlines are met in a timely and efficient manner. Recognizes and resolves challenges early in the process, and provides excellent customer service. Handles more complex loan types and escalated issues. Delivers a complete loan file to the Closing Department within established company deadlines.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
Reviews residential loan application files to verify that application data is complete and meets company standards, including type and amount of mortgage, borrower assets, liabilities, and length of employment. Handles more complex loan types and escalated issues.
• Provides great service for FNBA sales team and customers
• Performs the initial underwrite of the file
• Obtains the necessary documents and submits mortgage loan application files for underwriting approval.
• Submits conditions to Underwriter to clear loan for approval.
• Follows up on all outstanding orders to third parties and borrowers within established company deadlines.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Accurately prepares files for Underwriting within established company deadlines
• Resubmits Underwriting conditions in a timely manner.
• Provides friendly, accurate, professional service to customers and employees by responding to messages and correspondence in a timely manner.
• Demonstrates excellent customer service and communication skills, both oral and written.
• Able to give direction and feedback to Processors for training purposes.
• Develops and maintains knowledge of all mortgage products and guidelines.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Two or more years recent Processing experience; experience must be within the last two years with knowledge of FHA guidelines.
• Non-QM or sub-prime experience preferred.
• Knowledge of tax return and balance sheet analysis, including both cash flow and AGI methods
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
• Experience with Encompass preferred by not required
A high school diploma or equivalent
Courtesy, customer service, and tact are essential elements of the job. Work involves much personal contact with others inside and/or outside the organization for purposes of giving or obtaining information, building relationships, or soliciting cooperation.
Requires effective communication with customers and/or other employees using common telecommunications equipment and computer equipment. Must be able to read, examine, and organize documents. May require the ability to sit, stand, and walk around for extended periods of time.
Position will often be in a busy office environment. The ability to multitask and focus in this environment is essential.
Job Type: Full-time
Loan Processing: 2 years